Apple Mint Schorle
- Course/Dish: Juices
- Meals: Breakfast, Snack
- Main Ingredient: Mint, Apple
- Difficulty: Easy
- Cuisine: German
- Equipment Needed: Blender, Juicer
- Rainbow Green Cuisine: Phase 2
- Makes: 2 liters
Apple Schorle’s are a very popular beverage in Germany that can order in any bar or restaurant. With a few extra green ingredient, this Schorle is perfect balcony cocktail with it’s fresh pressed apple juice, lime tanginess and fresh mint!
8 green Granny Smith Apples
4 large stalks of Celery
1/2 Lime, with peel cut off
1/4 c or 1/2 oz fresh Mint leaves
1 liter of Sparkling Water, chilled
1) Chop and juice the apples, celery and lime.
2) Add to a blender and blend with the mint leaves for 20 seconds on low or just until the mint leaves are in tiny mm pieces.
3) Pour into a sealable 1 liter size juice container so that you are able to shake the juice before pouring as it separates.
4) To serve, in a tall glass pour half of the Apple Mint juice (always shake before) and half sparkling water.
5) Add 3-4 ice cubes and top with a straw or cocktail spoon as this will separate and you want to be able to stir it throughout your enjoyment!