Apricot, Lemon and Pistachio Bites
- Course/Dish: Cookies, Appetizers
- Meals: Snack
- Difficulty: Easy
- Equipment Needed: Food Processor
- Rainbow Green Cuisine: Phase 2
- Makes: 16 balls
This is a sweet and tangy delicate after dinner treat or any time snack! A powerhouse of nutrition with a nutty lemon bite.
250g brown unsulphured apricots
100g pistachios (divide the nuts equally into two bowls)
2 tbsp peanut butter (Whole Earth or organic if possible) or nut butter of your choosing (try Dastony brand for raw stone ground nut butters)
1 tbsp raw honey
the zest and juice of one medium -sized lemon
2 tbsp coconut sugar
pinch sea salt
1) First, you need to make the pistachio sugar crumbs. Process half the pistachios, sea salt and the coconut sugar in the food processor. You want the mixture to be fine but with some good chips of pistachio!
2) Set aside in a bowl and then proceed to add the all the remaining ingredients in the food processor until you get a sticky dough mass.
3) Roll individual balls, about 1 inch in diameter and then roll in the pistachio sugar until each ball is coated.
4) Set on a plate and keep rolling until all the mixture is used up.
You should get a yield of approximately 16 balls, depending on size.
Pop in the fridge or freezer and eat when required, or serve at a dinner party for a delicate hors d'oeuvres!