AtV Sour Cream
- Course/Dish: Main Course, Dressings, Appetizers
- Meals: Lunch, Dinner
- Main Ingredient: Cashews
- Difficulty: Easy
- Cuisine: American, Mexican
- Equipment Needed: Food Processor
- Rainbow Green Cuisine: Phase 2
- Makes: 2.5 cups
Every epic raw food recipe begins with a solid base. This recipe for sour cream by Sarahfae is just the base that many wonderful dips and sauces need! Of course it can also be used on it's own as a simple sour cream on perhaps a raw cabbage leaf taco or other delicious mexican foods inspired dishes. You'll see many of Sarahfae's recipe's call for her AtV Sour Cream so it's important to know exactly how to prepare it! It will keep for up to 3 weeks in the fridge as long as it's in an airtight container, or can also be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months. Have some handy at all times!
1 and 3/4 cups *dry Cashews soaked overnight (roughly 6 to 8 hours)
2 Tbsp plus 1 tsp Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar
1/2 tsp Salt
1 and 1/4 cup Water Total
1) Drain the Cashews from the soaking water
2) In a food processor blend cashews with apple cider vinegar and salt until you have a thick oily paste. This will take about 2 minutes.
3) Scrape the bottom and sides of your food processor as some of the Cashew mixture may begin to collect.
4) Slowly add in your water in 1/4 cup increments. Start with just 1/4 a cup and puree for 1 minute, and then continue on pureeing for 30 seconds in between 1/4 cup increments.
After your Sour Cream has chilled it will have thickened into the perfect consistency.
*Anytime you soak Cashews they will expand in size due to the water they retain.
*After the Cashews have soaked they will amount to roughly 2 cups.