The weekend time calls for at least one special treat, and if you’re looking for absolute healthy decadence than this recipe by Emily Von Euw is it! Avocado combines with banana, dates, fresh nut milk and chocolate protein powder to create a thick milkshake-like consistency. The recipe’s real pizazz comes from a layer of coconut whipped cream, made simply from coconut milk, vanilla bean, and a pinch of stevia. Top with cacao nibs and you have one tasty creation!
1 cup dates
1 large scoop Vega chocolate protein powder, or Epic Protein Chocolate Maca (or 2 tablespoons cacao powder + 1/4 teaspoon stevia)
1-2 cups vegan milk
1-2 cups ice
Whipped coconut cream:
1 can coconut milk, left in the fridge or freezer overnight
Bean from 1/2 vanilla pod
1/8 teaspoon stevia
To make the milkshake:
1) blend all the ingredients until smooth, adding as much vegan milk and ice as needed to make it thick, creamy and cold.
2) Adjust according to taste, then fill up 3 or 4 glasses.
To make the whipped cream:
1) take the can out of the fridge - DON'T SHAKE IT! Open it gently and scoop off the solid fat that has settled on the top.
2) Put it in your mixer bowl (I have a Kitchen Aid), or a normal bowl if you have a handheld mixer.
3) Add the stevia and vanilla beans and whisk until stiff peaks form.
4) Top off your glasses with it and enjoy the heck out of what you just made.