Banana Cacao Mint Soft Serve
- Course/Dish: Ice Cream
- Meals: Breakfast
- Main Ingredient: Chocolate, Mint, Banana
- Difficulty: Easy
- Cuisine: American
- Equipment Needed: Food Processor
- Rainbow Green Cuisine: Phase 2
- Serves: 1-2
Chef Marlie Centawer describes her amazing banana cacao soft serve recipe- "This recipe uses bananas, cacao powder, a dash of cinnamon and vanilla, and some fresh mint to create a luscious palette of cooling flavours that will kick those taste buds into simple dessert heaven."
Banana soft serve will forever be a favorite amongst raw foodies as it is so easy to prepare and always hits the spot! Enjoy at breakfast time or as a dessert and feel no shame as it's completely healthy for you. It's the perfect recipe to share with friends as they will be shocked at how decadent, creamy and sweet frozen bananas can be when processed into a smooth soft serve consistency.
2-3 large, frozen bananas, chopped
1 tbsp raw cacao powder
1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
1 tsp vanilla (optional)
1-2 tbsp fresh, chopped mint
a few mint sprigs for garnish
1) Place the ingredients in your food processor. Using the 's' blade, process the mixture until it starts to resemble an ice cream, or soft serve, consistency.
2) Scoop out the desired amount and serve in a dish of your choice, topped with a sprig of mint, sprinkle of cacao or cinnamon, or even some cacao nibs. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy your healthy dessert, my friends.
A tip for success
Keep plenty of frozen bananas handy in your freezer so when the urge hits to make some soft serve you are set up for success!