Basil Orange Smoothie
- Course/Dish: Smoothies
- Meals: Breakfast, Snack
- Main Ingredient: Basil, Spinach, Lettuce
- Difficulty: Easy
- Equipment Needed: Blender
- Rainbow Green Cuisine: Phase 2
- Makes: 1-2
Kristina says, "Start your day hydrating your body and mind with this blissful blessing! Oranges are a popular favorite, and basil is known as a holy herb that can instill healing and bliss! Enjoy this amazing smoothie!" Orange and basil may not seem like the most likely of paring, but we assure you the outcome is a deliciously refreshing blast of fresh flavor! Give these ingredients a whirl and enjoy an alkalinizing green smoothie rich in vibrant vitamins and minerals.
Approximately 5-10 Sweet Oranges (Load Up the Vitamix! You Can’t Go Wrong!)
Optional: Use Fresh Orange Juice if You Desire Less Pulp
Optional: Half to One Cup RIPE Pineapple
Small Handful of Fresh Basil
Small Handful of Fresh Spinach, Romaine, or Parsley
1) Peel the oranges and cut them into cubes if desired.
2) If using pineapple: cut the pineapple and place the pineapple chunks in next on top. (Note: juiciest items go closest to the blade for easier blending)
Enter handful of spinach and basil.
Blend in a Vitamix. Other blenders may break with this combination.