Beautiful Borscht Salad
- Course/Dish: Salads, Appetizers
- Meals: Lunch, Dinner
- Main Ingredient: Lemon, Carrots, Cashews, Beet
- Difficulty: Easy
- Cuisine: Russian
- Equipment Needed: Blender, Food Processor
- Rainbow Green Cuisine: Phase 2
- Makes: 4
Good ol' Beets. So readily available and oh so good for you! They are loaded with vitamins and minerals and help both build the blood and detoxify it! Enjoy this nutrient packed salad by Lisa Pitman of Vegan Culinary Crusade. It combines flavors that you will find very familiar if you've ever had traditional borscht soup. In this recipe you will enjoy celery root, carrot, green onions, beets (of course) and a creamy dressing made from soaked raw cashews, lemon, pepper and dried dill.
2 cups shredded celery root
2 cups shredded carrot
2 cups shredded beet
2 green onions, sliced finely
1/2 cup cashews (soaked 4 hours and drained)
3 Tbsp water
juice of 1 lemon
1/2 tsp dried dill
salt and pepper to taste
1) This is an excellent recipe to exploit the expertise of your food processor. Use the shredding blade to make quick work of all those raw veggies.
2) Arrange the shredded veggies on a large platter. Blend the dressing ingredients in your blender or food processor until completely smooth. Drizzle generously on the salad.