Blueberry Cardamom Dream Cream Pops
- Course/Dish: Dessert
- Meals: Snack
- Main Ingredient: Lemon, Cashews, Dates
- Difficulty: Easy
- Equipment Needed: Blender
- Rainbow Green Cuisine: Phase 2
- Makes: 4 large pops
What exactly is a dream cream pop you may ask? These raw vegan culinary wonders are creamy, sweet, frosty, blueberry, lemon and vanilla flavored frozen treats. They happen to be the perfect thing to celebrate the arrival of summer! Chef Lisa Pitman describes her blueberry cardamon treats as a uniquely fragrant and flavourful treat. They are so cute and fun to eat as well! If you are not familiar with cardamon it is a very warming, grounding, and sweet spice used in Indian cuisine and adds an element of the unexpected to this recipe. These would make the perfect post-workout treat on a hot summer's day.
1 cup cashews, soaked and drained
1/2 cup water
3 dates, pitted
zest of 1 lemon
pinch of salt
1 cup blueberries
2 tsp cardamom
2 tsp agave
2 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla seed powder
1) In a blender combine all of the ingredients for the cream layer and blend until smooth.
2) Remove a 1/2 cup of the cream layer and place in the refrigerator to chill.
3) Add the ingredients for the blueberry layer to the blender with the remaining amount of the cream layer. Blend until smooth.
4) Scoop 1 tbsp of the blueberry mixture into four silicon muffin cups (or any mold you have). Set in the freezer until firm (at least an hour).
5) Scoop 1 tbsp from the reserved cream layer into each muffin cup and return to the freezer.
6) Once the cream layer is firm divide the remaining blueberry cream between the muffin cups.
7) Insert a lollipop stick in the center of each muffin cup. Return the muffin cups to the freezer to set.