Brazilian Cherob Energy Snacks
- Course/Dish: Cookies
- Meals: Breakfast, Snack
- Main Ingredient: Dates
- Difficulty: Easy
- Equipment Needed: Food Processor
- Rainbow Green Cuisine: Phase 2
- Makes: 12 servings
Why spend money on expensive energy bars when you can make them quickly and conveniently at home in your food processor? These brownie-like treats make a great snack, breakfast, or dessert. In this recipe sweet, soft, chewy dates and dried cherries combine with rich buttery pecans, earthy brazil nuts and the malty sweetness of carob. Rich in calcium, selenium, magnesium, essential fatty acids, protein and balanced carbohydrates, you will get a burst of energy from these nutritious little snacks!
1 cup pitted dates
1/2 cup raw Brazil nuts
1/2 cup raw pecans
3 tablespoons carob (or cacao) powder
Pinch of sea salt
1/2 cup dried cherries
1) Combine the dates, Brazilnuts, pecans, carob, and salt in a food processor and pulse until the nuts are finely ground and the mixture is homogenous.
2) Add the cherries and pulse until well-incorporated but still slightly chunky.
3) Press the mixture into a wax-paper-lined 8-inch square pan and freeze for at least one hour. When frozen, cut into desired shapes. Store in the refrigerator or freezer.