Cacao Nib Carob Cookies
- Course/Dish: Cookies
- Meals: Snack
- Main Ingredient: Chocolate
- Difficulty: Easy
- Cuisine: American
- Equipment Needed: Dehydrator, Food Processor
- Rainbow Green Cuisine: Phase 2
- Makes: 16 cookies
Raw oat based cookies made with carob powder and cacao nibs. Try them with a tall glass of creamy almond milk!
1 cup organic oat groats*, ground to flour
1/2 cup carob powder
1/3 cup agave
1 1/2 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt or sea salt
1/4 – 1/3 cup cacao nibs
1) Place all ingredients in a food processor. Process until mixture forms into a ball.
2) Shape the cookies - Take 1 tablespoon of dough and roll it between the palms of your hands to form into rounds.
3) Lightly coat a cutting board with coconut flour and place rounds on cutting board. Use the bottom of a small glass to press each round into flat discs or use the palm of your hand to flatten dough. Use a spatula to gently lift dough from cutting board and transfer to a dehydrator tray.
3) Dehydrator the cookies - Place the tray of cookies in the dehydrator. Turn cookies midway through dehydrating. Dehydrate 4-5 hours for softer cookies; 6-7 hours for crispier cookies.
This recipe calls for ground *aat groats: whole grain oat kernels with the hull removed. You can find organic oat groats at health food stores or online.