- Course/Dish: Salads
- Meals: Lunch, Dinner
- Main Ingredient: Tomato, Lemon, MIso, Pumpkin Seeds
- Difficulty: Easy
- Cuisine: Italian
- Equipment Needed: Blender, Food Processor
- Rainbow Green Cuisine: Phase 2
- Serves: 2-3
Who can say no to a delicious Casear salad? Crisp, fresh romaine leaves are perfectly coated in a tangy, salty, sweet raw vegan take on traditional Casear dressing. Top this salad with pumpkin seed parmesan (recipe also included)
1/2 C soaked sunflower seeds
2 T raw tahini
3 T lemon juice
1 T olive oil
1 clove garlic
1 tsp miso
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp kelp powder
1/2 tsp black peppercorns
1 tsp maple syrup
1/2 C filtered water
1/4 C pumpkin seeds
1/4 C nutritional yeast
dash or two of sea salt
1 head of romaine lettuce, washed and chopped.
1) In a high-speed blender, blend all ingredients until smooth.
1) Process all ingredients in a food processor, or, I use my magic bullet.
1) In a large mixing bowl, dress lettuce with a few spoonfuls of dressing and toss well.
2) Sprinkle Parmesan on top (store leftover parm in a glass container).
Note- The dressing makes an amazing dip as well!