- Course/Dish: Main Course, Appetizers
- Meals: Lunch, Dinner, Snack
- Main Ingredient: Carrots, Avocado, Swiss chard
- Difficulty: Easy
- Equipment Needed: Blender
- Rainbow Green Cuisine: Phase 2
- Serves: 2
If you're a fan of collard wraps why not try using chard instead for a little variation! The unique pillowy texture of chard will create a sandwich "pocket" instead of a burrito style wrap. These are so fun to eat and super quick to prepare! Try out this recipe for an easy snack, or make up a big batch for an entire meal. Doing green wraps and sandwiches is an awesome way to get'cha greens in when the usual salad just isn't going to cut it.
6 chard leaves ($.90)
1 cucumber, sliced into small wedges ($.70)
1 cup mung bean sprouts ($.50)
1 carrot, shaved ($.15)
1 cup snow peas ($.80)
1 ripe avocado ($1.99)
3/4 cup water
1 tablespoon agave ($.20)
1 teaspoon dill
1/2 teaspoon salt
1) Stack the cucumber, mung beans, shaved carrots, and snow peas on the chard leaf. Add a dollop of avocado dressing and fold over.
2) To make the avocado dressing, using a bullet type blender and puree one avocado, water, agave, dill, and salt until very smooth. This will take a few minutes.