- Meals: Breakfast
- Main Ingredient: Almonds, Chia
- Difficulty: Easy
- Equipment Needed: Blender
- Rainbow Green Cuisine: Phase 2
- Serves: 2-4
Chia seeds are filling, packed with energy, and act as a natural thickener. Start your day with a bowl of this tapioca-like pudding and some fresh or dried fruit stirred in.
3 cups water
1 cup almonds
½ cup chia seeds
2 tablespoons agave nectar
Dash ground cinnamon
(Its not in the original recipe, but I like adding fresh vanilla to this also!)
1. Put the almonds and 3 cups water in a Vita-Mix. Blend until creamy and smooth. Add the chia seeds, agave nectar, and cinnamon and pulse the blender several times just to mix. If it’s not sweet enough, add a little more agave nectar.
2. Pour the mixture into a bowl and chill for 1 hour or longer to thicken. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days
If you prefer a thicker pudding, use less water. This can be made with unsprouted almonds, but if you have sprouted ones, use them.