Chia Seed Power Pudding
- Course/Dish: Main Course, Puddings
- Meals: Breakfast, Snack
- Main Ingredient: Hemp Seeds, Dates, Chia
- Difficulty: Easy
- Equipment Needed: Blender
- Rainbow Green Cuisine: Phase 2
- Serves: 2-3
Chia is a true power food and makes for an amazing base to a sweet and more than easy to prepare raw vegan pudding. Gena Hemshaw of Choosing raw shares with us her technique for making a delicious vanilla flavored chia pudding rich in all 21 known amino acid, essential omega 3 fatty acids, iron, calcium and gentle soluble fiber. This pudding has a very "hempy" flavor, so it you prefer you can replace some of the hemp seeds with truly raw cashews to create a milder flavor. This is THE recipe to prepare when you need a no fuss breakfast.
4 tbsp chia seeds
1/2 cup shelled hemp seeds
1 cup water
1 tsp vanilla
4 pitted dates
Dash of salt
1) Empty chia seeds into a bowl, or the container you’ll be storing them in:
2) Blend the hemp seeds, water, vanilla, dates, and salt in a high speed blender till very smooth and creamy. Pour over the chia seeds. At first, they’ll simply swim around in the liquid, and they won’t look much like pudding:
3) Every minute, stir the pudding. The chia seeds will begin to plump up:
4) After 10-15 soaking minutes, the pudding is ready to eat!
It’ll also keep nicely in the fridge for a few days. I find that the seeds continue to absorb a lot of liquid, so if it has been in the fridge for a day and it’s a bit stiff, just add a bit of water or almond milk.