- Course/Dish: Appetizers, Dehydrated
- Meals: Snack
- Difficulty: Easy
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Equipment Needed: Dehydrator
- Rainbow Green Cuisine: Phase 2
- Makes: 3 cups
I pulled out the ol' dehydrator the other day for the first time in 8 months. I made these seeds which I also made last winter as part of my "edible Christmas gift series". They make excellent soup and salad toppings.
3 cups sunflower seeds
3 tablespoons chili powder
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon tamari
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon palm sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
Chipotle or cayenne, to taste
1) Soak the seeds in water for 4-6 hours.
2) Drain and rinse well.
3) Toss all ingredients together in a bowl.
4) Spread on teflex sheets and dehydrate for 8-10 hours at 115F, or until crunchy and dry.
Store in a sealed bag or container at room temperature, fridge, or freezer, for months.