Chocolate Crunch Hazelnut Macaroons
- Course/Dish: Cookies
- Meals: Snack
- Main Ingredient: Chocolate
- Difficulty: Easy
- Cuisine: French
- Equipment Needed: Food Processor
- Rainbow Green Cuisine: Phase 2
- Makes: 35 macaroons
These macaroons have a scrumptious flavor and awesome texture. Just see for yourself. They’re wonderful and so easy to make. Whip up a quick batch of these for the next party you attend and you’ll be a hit! Warning: These are addictive! :)
1 cup hazelnuts*
1 cup raw chocolate powder
1 cup dried coconut, shredded & unsweetened
1 cup raw agave nectar
2/3 cup coconut butter
1/2 cup raw cacao nibs
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon Himalayan crystal salt
*My favorite way to make these is with hazelnuts, but if you don't have those on hand, you could try other nuts or seeds.
1) Using a food processor, fitted with the “S” blade, grind the hazelnuts to a fairly medium/fine grind.
2) Transfer to a large bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Stir all the ingredients together well by hand, or use a mixer with a paddle attachment to make it easier.
3) Use a tablespoon measurement to spoon out the batter and place on a cookie sheet (I like using a tablespoon size ice cream scoop).
4) Freeze for up to an hour and enjoy.
My favorite way to enjoy these is straight from the freezer or refrigerator. When I take them to a party, I put them in the host’s refrigerator, or freezer, until I’m ready to serve them. If they sit at room temperature they can get a little soft (but still yummy). An option to help prevent the softening at room temperature is to dehydrate them at 105 degrees for 16 - 24 hours right after you make them.