- Course/Dish: Puddings
- Meals: Snack
- Main Ingredient: Chocolate, Avocado, Dates
- Difficulty: Easy
- Cuisine: American
- Equipment Needed: Blender
- Rainbow Green Cuisine: Phase 2
- Serves: 4- 6
What fruit is rich in nourishing omega 6 fatty acids, adds the most amazing creamy, silky texture to recipes, and mixes astonishingly well with the flavor of chocolate? Well, avocado of course! Simply mix up some ripe avocado, cacao powder, your choice of sweetener and dates and you'll have an instant chocolate pudding full of nutrition and life giving energy!
1/2 cup cacao powder
1/2 cup maple syrup or honey
5 medjool dates (optional as these give the mousse more density)
1/4 cup coconut sugar (optional)
Pinch of salt
1) Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until it is smooth and creamy.
2) Chill in the fridge until you’re ready to use.
**Hint it’s best eaten within 2 days. When icing cakes do so immediately before serving.