Chunky Cinnamon Nut Ice Cream
- Course/Dish: Ice Cream
- Meals: Snack
- Main Ingredient: Almonds, Banana
- Difficulty: Easy
- Equipment Needed: Blender
- Rainbow Green Cuisine: Phase 2
- Serves: 2
If you've got 5 minutes to spare you have more than enough time to make this refreshingly easy cinnamon nut ice cream by Brandi Rollins. All you need are some pre-frozen bananas, dates, some sweet spices of cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla, and your choice of raw nuts on hand. Combine these ingredients into a sweet frozen flurry of goodness! Choose chopped brazil nuts, pecans, or even pistachios for a delightful chunky crunch consistency
1) Freeze the bananas overnight. When the bananas are ready, chop them into 1-inch pieces.
2) Using a food processor, process the brazil nuts until they are broken down into a chunky flour. Add dates and process until they are broken down in small pieces. Now, add the frozen bananas, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg, and process until the ice cream is smooth and creamy. Add the silvered almonds and process for 5 seconds. Serve immediately or scoop into a freezer-ready container and freeze.
Freeze the bananas overnight for a firmer ice cream! Use whatever nuts you have on hand. If you don't have brazil nuts use pecans!