Cinnamon Blueberry Törtchen
- Course/Dish: Pies
- Meals: Breakfast, Snack
- Main Ingredient: Almonds, Dates
- Difficulty: Easy
- Cuisine: German
- Rainbow Green Cuisine: Phase 2
- Makes: 13 tartlets
A raw vegan version of a European pastry delight! These törtchens (small tarts in German) make a wonderful afternoon accompaniment to a warm mug of chai tea, and are a perfect accompaniment to a weekend brunch.
1/2 c Dates
1/2 c Almond Meal
2 tbls Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Nutmeg
1 tbls Filtered Water
Pinch of Celtic Salt
1/2 c Blueberries or any other fruit
13 Blueberries for topping
1/2 tsp Lemon Juice
1 tbls Flax Meal
1 tsp Agave Nectar
1) First process the dates in the food processor, then add the rest of the ingredients.
2) Add a tbls of water if the mixture is too dry.
3) Using a tbls measuring spoon, spoon in 1 tbls of Cinnamon Pastry into each hole of a small cupcake tray.
4) Mold with your fingers into small tart shapes.
1) Blend all the ingredients until smooth.
2) Spoon the jelly into each tart and top with an additional blueberry.