Citrus Spiked Granola Bars
- Meals: Breakfast, Snack
- Main Ingredient: Hemp Seeds, Almonds, Dates, Flax, Pumpkin Seeds
- Difficulty: Easy
- Cuisine: American
- Equipment Needed: Blender, Dehydrator, Food Processor
- Rainbow Green Cuisine: Phase 2
- Makes: 12 bars
A yummy raw vegan granola bar full of wholesome ingredients without all of the unnecessary syrups and sweeteners.
.5 C pumpkin seeds
.5 C sunflower seeds
.5 C hemp seeds
.5 C ground flax seeds
.25 C coarsely ground almonds
.25 C coarsely ground brazil nuts
.25 C chia seeds
.25 C dehydrated coconut
zest from one orange
zest from one lemon
1 orange peeled
3 medjool dates (soaked, pitted)
juice from one lemon
2 packets of stevia
.25 C purified water
.5 tsp sea salt
1) In a large bowl, combine the first set of ingredients and set aside.
2) In a high-speed blender, combine the second set of ingredient until smooth in texture.
3) Combine the wet and dry ingredients by hand and mix well.
4) Using a spatula, carefully spread mixture on a non-stick dehydrator sheet. While wet, slice bars into 12 equal sections (I like using a pizza cutter).
5) Dehydrate at 105 degrees for about 5 hours and then flip to mesh dehydrator sheet. Let dehydrate another 8 hours until firm.
The best part of these granola bars is that they can be made in the oven if you are without a dehydrator. Just make sure to use the lowest setting and crack the door.