Coconut Blueberry Lemon Bars
- Course/Dish: Cookies
- Meals: Breakfast, Snack
- Main Ingredient: Lemon, Almonds, Dates
- Difficulty: Easy
- Equipment Needed: Food Processor
- Rainbow Green Cuisine: Phase 2
- Makes: 1, 9 by 13 inch pan
Amanda Maguire describes her bars in the following way, "simple ingredients with a texture that’s similar to a Larabar, but at a fraction of the cost. These bars can be easily customized to suit your tastes." All it takes is a quick whirl in the food processor and you're good to go. Store these bars in the fridge or freezer so they last a bit longer and take with you to work, school, or on your next nature adventure!
15 Medjool Dates
2 1/2 C. Raw Almonds
1 C. Coconut Flakes (or Shredded Coconut)
1 C. Dried Blueberries (preferably organic!)
Zest of 3 Lemons (also organic if possible)
1) Soak the medjool dates in water for 1 hour, then remove the pits.
2) Add to the food processor the soaked dates, almonds, coconut, blueberries, and lemon zest.
3) Process until no large chunks remain (about 4-5 minutes). You may need to occasionally scrape down the bowl.
4) Using your hands and/or a spatula, press the mixture into a 9×13 inch pan.
Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before slicing.