Coconut Cranberry Tart
- Course/Dish: Pies
- Meals: Snack
- Main Ingredient: Dates, Cranberry
- Difficulty: Easy
- Equipment Needed: Food Processor
- Rainbow Green Cuisine: Phase 2
- Makes: 2 tiny tarts
Adorable little cranberry coconut tartlets by Lisa Pitman sweetened only with fruit juices and dates. The crust is a delectable and simple combination of pecans, medjool dates, and shredded coconut and the filling is a creamy and sweet fusion of tart cranberries, coconut milk, orange juice and cinnamon. Make sure you find cranberries that are dried without added oils and sugar, and soften them by soaking in freshly squeezed organic OJ. Rich in healthy fats, vitamin c and phytonutrients, this tart is full of nutrition, flavor, and pizazz!
1/2 cup dry shredded coconut
1/2 cup pecans
1/4 cup Medjool dates, pitted
pinch of salt
1 cup dried cranberries, sweetened with apple juice
1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup coconut milk
1. Combine the dried cranberries and orange juice. Let sit for a few hours, until the liquid is absorbed.
2. In a food processor pulse the coconut and pecan into a fine meal. Add the dates and salt and pulse to combined.
3. Press the crust into two small tart pans.
4. In a food processor combine the soaked cranberries, cinnamon and coconut milk. Blend until smooth. Spoon the filling into the prepared tart crust.
5. Garnish with more dried cranberries and coconut. If you happen to be out of dried cranberries and coconut add a dried pear chip instead!