- Course/Dish: Cookies
- Meals: Snack
- Main Ingredient: Lemon, Almonds
- Difficulty: Easy
- Cuisine: American
- Rainbow Green Cuisine: Phase 2
- Makes: 22 to 24 cookies
A recipe that Sarahfae was super excited and proud to share with her readers over at Addicted to Veggies! And for good reason. These cookies are a heavenly combination of almond and coconut flour, flakes of finely shredded coconut, fresh aromatic lemon juice and zest, agave, vanilla, and buttery coconut oil. They will dissolve in your mouth just like a meltaway! Dry in the dehydrator or oven, or simply place in the freezer to set, it's up to to you. Enjoy this recipe inspired by Wonderfully Raw's coconut macaroons today!
1 & 1/2 cups Almond Flour (you can make this, or buy it - however most store bought Almond flour is not raw)
1 & 1/2 cups dried Shredded Unsweetened Coconut (I used medium shred, but fine shred would also work well)
1/3 c Coconut Flour
2 big pinches of Salt
6 Tbsp Agave (Eep! Agave found it's way into my kitchen!)
4 Tbsp Lemon Juice
2 tsp Vanilla
1 Tbsp Lemon zest (Tip: Zest your Lemon before you juice it)
1/4 cup AND 1 Tbsp melted Coconut Oil
1) Mix all of your dry ingredients together - set aside and move onto the next step.
2) In a separate small mixing bowl combine your wet ingredients
3) Using an electric mixer, slowly stream your wet ingredients into your dry.
1) While your Mixer is on, stream in your melted Coconut Oil. Your batter will thicken fairly quickly as it mixes with the Oil and the oil cools down.
Oh boy! Now it's time to form some cookies! The final step is up to you. You can either -
Option 1. (This is the best way to have these cookies in my opinion)
1) Warm them in either your Dehydrator or Oven (set at it's lowest heat, leaving the door cracked open). Warm your Cookies for 1 hour, maybe a bit longer. Your finished Cookie will be dry on the outside and melt-in-your-mouth moist on the inside
2) Place your cookies in the fridge after they've cooled down, letting them chill and set before you eat them.
1) Place your Cookies to set/chill in the fridge for about an hour. If you opt not to heat/dry your cookies the texture will be soft and moist.