Cookies & Cream Elixir
- Course/Dish: Nut Milks, Elixirs
- Meals: Breakfast, Snack
- Main Ingredient: Chocolate, Cashews, Dates
- Difficulty: Easy
- Equipment Needed: Blender
- Rainbow Green Cuisine: Phase 2
- Serves: 2-3
Chocolate superfood alchemist Julia Corbett describes her chocolate elixir recipe very eloquently: "This herbal chocolate elixir really tastes like cookies and cream, and is high in minerals like magnesium, copper and selenium. A tasty meal in a glass, great for a morning energy kick or post exercise refuel."
½ cup Truly Raw Cashews
8 Brazil nuts
4 soft medjool dates
Pinch real salt
4 cups Filtered water or tea, chilled if desired
¼ cup Cacao beans
1 T cacao powder (optional)
3-4 T Clear agave
2 T Coconut oil
1 T Maca root
2 T Yacon root
1 tsp vanilla powder
1 tsp Shilajit
½ tsp Reishi extract
1) Blend base ingredients until creamy
2) Strain with a mesh bag over a glass bowl or pitcher.
3) Place all additional ingredients into the blender and then pour in nut milk base. Blend on high until creamy and serve.
I want this elixir to be smooth, but to still retain small bits of cacao beans, like a cookie. This is why the cacao beans are not strained through a mesh bag.