- Course/Dish: Soups, Appetizers
- Main Ingredient: Carrots, Seaweed, Mushrooms, Zucchini, Corn, Macadamia Nuts, Onion
- Difficulty: Easy
- Cuisine: American
- Equipment Needed: Blender
- Rainbow Green Cuisine: Phase 2
- Serves: 2-3
Is there any cooked food recipe that can't be done raw? Talented chef's like Sarahfae prove that there really isn't! This corn chowder has a hearty and creamy base, is perfectly salted and spiced, and very reminiscent of traditional corn chowder only much more nourishing and healthy. Sarahfae says that you can use both a high speed blender or food processor for this recipe and specifies how much water to use for each method.
Creamy Chowder Base:
1 c Macadamia Nuts
1 c Zucchini - peeled and chopped
1/2 c Corn (you can use fresh or frozen)
1/4 c Mushroom (Crimini or Shiitake) - chopped
1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
Sea Salt to taste
High Speed Blender: 1 c Water
Food Processor: 1/2 to 3/4 c Water
Flavoring the Plain Chowder:
1 Tbsp Onion powder
1 tsp Kelp Granules
1 tsp Ground Celery Seed
1 tsp dried Parsley
Black Pepper to taste
More Chowder Ingredients:
1 c Corn
1/4 c Celery - chopped well
1/4 c Carrot - chopped well
Dash of sea salt salt and black pepper
1) In your high speed blender or food processor puree your base ingredients until whipped and creamy
Food Processor puree time: 2-3 minutes. Stopping to scrape down the sides as needed. Add 1/2 c water first, and 1/4 c more water if needed. Puree an additional 2-3 minutes until very creamy.
2) Add in your chowder flavoring ingredients and pule 5-10 times until evenly mixed with your creamy base.
High Speed Blender time: 2-3 minutes on high, until creamy and hot.
1) Toss corn, celery and carrots in a bowl with a dash of sea salt and cracked black pepper. You can opt to heat these ingredients in your food dehydrator if you like.
2) Mix your chowder AND ingredients together, and serve with a dash of Kelp Granules.