Crystal Cleanse Pad Thai
- Course/Dish: Main Course
- Meals: Lunch, Dinner
- Main Ingredient: Carrots, Seaweed, Cilantro, Mango, Onion
- Difficulty: Easy
- Cuisine: Thai
- Equipment Needed: Blender, Spiral Slicer
- Rainbow Green Cuisine: Phase 1.5, Phase 2
- Serves: 4
This is a rawsome recipe from Elenor Earthsprout for a cleansing and nourishing Pad Thai that is light enough to be eaten all summer long even when the hot weather hits. This recipe uses fresh spiralized daikon radish combined with packaged kelp noodles for variation of texture. Daikon is used extensively in Asian cuisine but often gets overlooked in the West. It is juicier and milder in flavor to its red radish counterpart yet still contains valuable nutrients such as the mineral sulphur. The noodles are covered in a light sauce that combines the traditional Thai flavors of coconut, cilantro, spring onion, garlic and lime. Delish any day of the week!
300g Raw kelp noodles
1.5 cups Coconut milk
2 tblsp Tamari
1 large clove of garlic, minced
½ tsp Himalayan salt
1 small handful of fresh Cilantro, roughly chopped
½ lime zest & juice
1 large carrot
15 small radishes
½ large ripe mango
1 spring onion
1. Rinse the Kelp noodles well.
2. Peel the Daikon and use a spiralizer/potato peeler/julienne peeler to create Daikon noodles. Put in a large bowl together with the Kelp noodles
1. Mix all ingredients and pour over the bowl of noodles. Let marinate over night for best result (or at least 1 hour).
1. Rinse, peel and prepare all vegetables and fruits as in the picture.
2. Toss them together with the marinated noodles
Sprinkle some sesame seeds on top of each plate and add some fresh cilantro. Maybe a dash of lime juice & tamari to taste. As an addition avocado slices and various sprouts work really well too.