Fresh Arugula Cucumber Salad
- Course/Dish: Salads
- Meals: Lunch, Dinner
- Main Ingredient: Avocado, Onion
- Difficulty: Easy
- Equipment Needed: Blender
- Rainbow Green Cuisine: Phase 1
- Serves: 1
Fresh spicy arugula and cucumber is dressed with a simple and elegant creamy avocado dressing flavored with tarragon, red pepper flakes and black pepper. Arugula is a wonderful green to incorporate into your diet. Not only is it packed with flavor it is also rich in the mineral sulfur which gives it that mustardy kick. Sulfur helps to maintain youthful skin with glowing elasticity!
1) In a small bullet type blender, puree about half of one of the cucumbers, a couple onions slices, the half avocado, olive oil, tarragon, salt and pepper until very creamy and smooth. This will take a couple minutes.
Salad and Assembly:
1) Slice the rest of the cucumbers and onion and toss with the arugula. Dress and add a few crushed red pepper flakes.
Store any leftover dressing in the refrigerator for up to a week.