Delectable Detox Burger
- Course/Dish: Main Course, Dehydrated
- Meals: Lunch, Dinner
- Main Ingredient: Lemon, Mushrooms, Bell Pepper, Cilantro, Tahini, Onion
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Cuisine: American
- Equipment Needed: Food Processor
- Rainbow Green Cuisine: Phase 1.5
- Makes: 12-14 small patties
Can a delicious meal actually aid in detox? With this recipe it can! Christian Bates shares with us, "Yes, you can detox and feast too! How do you want your burger uncooked: well done gourmet or rare nutrition? How about both! I’m talking about an organic raw plant-based burger recipe that not only satisfies the heartiest of stomachs but nourishes and detoxifies your body."
5 cups soaked (2 – 24 hours) organic pumpkin seeds (approximately 3 1/2 unsoaked pumpkin seeds)
2/3 cup cold pressed organic olive oil
1/2 cup soaked (or not soaked, no biggy!) organic raw sunflower seeds
1/2 cup chopped ripe organic bell pepper
1/3 cup raw organic sesame tahini
1 – 2 tablespoons organic unpasturized sauerkraut
1 tablespoon raw organic dark-colored miso of choice
1 tablespoon sea salt
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon fresh de-stemmed rosemary
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon organic ground cayenne
juice of 1 lemon
4 cloves organic garlic
OPTIONAL (but choose at least 1 to make this a truly detoxifying and super nitrifying burger!):
1 – 2 tablespoons zeolite powder (deeply detoxes environmental toxins from your body)
1 – 2 tablespoons richly brewed herbal tea of prepared rhemannia and shisandra berries (such a great “grilled” burger flavor, not to mention youth-building power)
1 tablespoon medicinal mushroom powder of choice (immunity with meaty flavor)
When somewhat smooth, add:
1 cup chopped peeled organic onion
1/2 cup chopped fresh organic leafy herbs of choice (cilantro is great! so is parsley!)
1) Blend all ingredients except for the chopped peeled onion, and fresh leafy herbs of your choice (parsley or cilantro work great) for 5 to 10 minutes in a blender or food processor
2) Add in chopped peeled onion and herbs of your choice and blend lightly for 10 seconds or until onion and herbs are mixed but still somewhat chunky.
3) Using a spatula, make over a dozen 4-5 inch patties on sheeted dehydrator trays or parchment paper covered baking tray.
4) Dehydrate in dehydrator at 145*F for 2 hours or place in a convection oven at the lowest heat possible (avoid going over 160*F. If your highest setting is much higher simply turn off the heat after 20 minutes but keep the convection fan on. Reheat as needed.) for 4 hours.
5) Flip and continue to dehydrate in dehydrator/oven for at least 1 hour before serving or up to 12 more hours for a chewier burger.
6) Serve warm with a salad and other organic richly nutritious recipes of choice.