Fig, Almond Cream & Honey Parfait
- Course/Dish: Puddings
- Meals: Breakfast, Snack
- Main Ingredient: Chocolate, Avocado, Dates, Banana
- Difficulty: Easy
- Equipment Needed: Food Processor
- Rainbow Green Cuisine: Phase 2
- Serves: 1-2
Dessert doesn't get much easier than a parfait! The great thing about these cute stacked desserts is that they can be equally enjoyable as a breakfast or a snack. Within this recipe you will learn how to make an ultra creamy banana almond parfait cream as well as a quick chocolate mousse. Use the juiciest, ripest figs available to you! Fresh figs, raw honey and cacao together....the result is Euphoria!
3 or 4 figs
1 large avocado
1- 2 tbsp Cacao powder
4 medjool dates
1/4 cup almonds (soaked, blanched)
slithered almonds or chopped hazelnuts
1 banana (ripe)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Honey or maple syrup
Almond and banana cream
1) Soak almonds in water for at least 2 hours and remove the skins, drain and place in a high-powered blender with a ripe banana, a pinch of salt and the vanilla extract.
2) Add a 1/4 cup of filtered water slowly and blend until the mixture reaches a smooth and creamy consistency, put in the fridge for when you’re ready to use.
1) In a food processor blend the avocado, cacao powder and dates until creamy and place in the fridge.
1) Assemble the layers whichever way it pleases you. I started with slithered almonds then slices of fig, chocolate mousse and some more fig, maybe some hazelnut if you desire… Top with the almond cream, some runny raw honey and a slice of fig and wallah! You have a perfect parfait.