Fresh Herb & Kale Tabbouleh
- Course/Dish: Main Course, Salads
- Meals: Lunch, Dinner
- Main Ingredient: Tomato, Mint, Kale, Hemp Seeds
- Difficulty: Easy
- Cuisine: Greek
- Equipment Needed: Blender
- Rainbow Green Cuisine: Phase 1
- Serves: 6
Nutrient-dense kale along side the classic parsley component of tabbouleh for a super green, super healthy & super delicious light meal.
For the salad:
• 2 bunches of parsley
• 1 bunch lacinato kale
• 3/4 oz package of fresh mint leaves
• 1½ c. halved grape tomatoes
• 1 c. seeded and diced cucumber
• 1 c. hemp seed
• 1/2 c. diced sweet onion
For the dressing:
• 2/3 c. olive oil
• 1/2 c. lemon
• 2-3 cloves of garlic
• 2 TB sweet onion
• 1 tsp Himalayan salt
• 1 tsp thyme
• 1/2 tsp black pepper
1) Wash and dry all greens, then remove stems.
2) Finely shred the kale and place in a large bowl. Sprinkle with a little salt and massage with your hands until it begins to soften and wilt.
3) Finely chop the parsley, either by hand or in a food processor. Add to the bowl.
4) Chop the mint by hand and mix with parsley and kale. Toss in your remaining salad ingredients.
1) Add all ingredients except olive oil to a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
2) With the blade running, add the olive oil last, until just combined.
3) Pour over salad and toss well. You might not use all of the dressing, adjust to your taste!