Gena’s Perfect Gazpacho
- Course/Dish: Soups, Appetizers
- Meals: Lunch, Dinner, Snack
- Main Ingredient: Tomato, Avocado, Basil
- Difficulty: Easy
- Equipment Needed: Blender
- Rainbow Green Cuisine: Phase 2
- Serves: 1-2
Searching high and low for the perfect homemade gazpacho soup recipe? Look no further! For a sweeter gazpacho you can use cherry tomatoes as the base. Somehow this soup just hits the spot every time with its tangy, savory deliciousness!
2 large tomatoes, or 1 ½ cups of cherry or other small tomato variety; I used small, round heirloom tomatoes (yum!)
½ large cucumber
1/3 cup basil, packed
¼ tsp salt
Juice of half a lime
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1/8 large avocado (or a couple of slices)
1/3 cup water
3 tbsp olive oil
1) Begin by blending all ingredients in a food processor or a high speed blender on high. Next drizzle olive oil in. Adjust water content to make soup as watery or creamy as you like.
2) Garnish with additional veggies: avocado chunks, zucchini, cucumber, tomtatoes, basil, etc.