Kale Parmesan Chips
- Course/Dish: Dehydrated
- Meals: Snack
- Main Ingredient: Kale
- Difficulty: Easy
- Cuisine: American
- Equipment Needed: Blender, Dehydrator
- Rainbow Green Cuisine: Phase 2
- Makes: 1 small batch
Everyone who tries kale chips loves them! These are no exception. Cheesy, lightly salted and crisp, they make a great snack. They are also a tasty topping on salads.
1 bunch Lacinato or Dino Kale
2 tablespoons Cold Pressed Olive Oil
½ cup Raw Parmesan
¼ cup walnuts
¼ cup nutritional yeast
½ teaspoon sea salt
1) Place raw parmesan ingredients in a coffee grinder, personal blender or my favorite Nut and Spice Grinder and process until a powder.Do not over process.
2) Wash and stem the kale. Pat dry from any excess water.
3) With a sharp knife cut Kale lengthwise along the vein to make long thin strips. Lay flat on a dehydrator tray lined with a Paraflexx sheet.
4) Using a pastry brush, brush the Kale with olive oil and sprinkle with raw parmesan. Add a touch of sea salt if necessary.
5) Place in the dehydrator at 110 degrees for 2-4 hours. Remove Paraflexx sheet and place chips on Grid sheet only. Dehydrate an additional 4-6 hours until crispy.