Karolina's "Must have My Granola"
- Meals: Snack
- Main Ingredient: Raspberry, Goji Berries, Young Coconut, Almonds, Chia, Cranberry, Pineapple, Strawberry, Apple, Pomegranate, Banana, Flax, Pumpkin Seeds, Peanuts, Beet, Mango, Macadamia Nuts, Walnuts
- Difficulty: Easy
- Equipment Needed: Dehydrator
- Serves: 10
Karolina claims she "Must have her Granola" on her blog http://loveraw.blogspot.com, she goes and and states that Granola is great, because you can throw together pretty much what you have in the kitchen and use the granola to snack on, form them into bars, eat them with almond milk or as a topping on a cake. You can keep some in your purse for those moments when you need to fuel yourself when you're out. Look in your cupboards, jars and drawers. And bring your biggest bowl and start to create your own mix!!
• shredded coconut,
• pieces of dried fruits and berries (cranberries, blueberries, black currants, raspberries,
strawberries, raisins, dates, apple..)
• cacao nibs,
• buckwheaties, oats and quinoa (you can sprout them, and then dry them in a dehydrator),
• pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, melon seeds,
• nuts of all kinds,
• super foods like maca, mesquite, purple corn, acai, camu, algeas, schizandra berries...
• 1-2 tablespoons of cinnamon,
• 0.5 teaspoon himalayan salt,
• 2 cups of raw freshly pressed apple juice
4 liter / 135 oz bowl and basically added everything I had at home.
When you have your big bowl of dry granola ingredients, you pour about 2 cups of apple juice over it and stir. (We used apples that we picked from trees nearby, all local and hanging there to rot).
Spread it over the sheets in your dehydrator and let it dry until you have big chunks of sticky granola. Next time I'll put the apple juice in the blender together with one or two bananas as a sweetener, that would be awesome! Or some carrot juice? There's plenty of choices.