Kristen Suzanne's Harvest Soup
- Course/Dish: Soups, Appetizers
- Meals: Lunch, Dinner
- Main Ingredient: Tomato, Carrots, Zucchini, Dates, Flax
- Difficulty: Easy
- Cuisine: American
- Equipment Needed: Blender
- Rainbow Green Cuisine: Phase 2
- Makes: 6 cups
An easy and delicious recipe for a hearty, warming raw food vegetable soup perfect for Fall or Winter time. With Raw being this easy and delicious, who needs cooked food?
1 cup water
1 large zucchini, chopped
2 medium tomatoes, quartered
3 stalks celery, chopped
2 cups carrot, chopped
2 dates, pitted
1 clove garlic
2 tsp Himalayan crystal salt
1 tablespoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup flax oil
1) Blend all of the ingredients, except for the flax oil, on high speed in your blender until really creamy (approximately one minute - I prefer this soup a tad warm and very creamy).
2) Then, while the blender is running on low speed, add the flax oil.
3) Continue blending, at a higher speed, for another minute or less. This will make it slightly warm. Enjoy!
~Substitute olive oil for the flax oil
~Add 1/2 teaspoon coriander
~Add 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice