Loulou's Munchy Bars
- Course/Dish: Dehydrated
- Meals: Snack
- Main Ingredient: Young Coconut, Dates, Chia, Banana
- Difficulty: Easy
- Equipment Needed: Dehydrator, Food Processor
- Rainbow Green Cuisine: Phase 2
- Makes: 8 bars
Sometimes a snack attack can come out of nowhere. Don't be left unprepared without anything healthy to munch on! These munchy bars will satisfy a desire for crunchy, gooey, and sweet and are abundantly full of nourishing efa's from pumpkin seed, coconut and chia, as well as energizing carbohydrates from dates, banana and cranberry. Yumyum!
3 T chia seeds (soaked for at least 2 hours to create a gel)
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds (soaked)
10 pitted dates
3 dried figs
1 large banana
2 T sesame seeds
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup coconut meat (previously shredded and dehydrated)
1/4 t cinnamon
1) Put all of the ingredients (except the dried cranberries) into a processor and blitz until you have reached your chosen consistency
2) Place this mix into a large bowl and add the dried cranberries and stir well to combine.
3) Mould the mixture into small bar shapes on the dehydrator sheets. I managed to make 8 bars from this recipe but you can make the bars smaller or larger or thicker etc. As you wish......
4) I dehydrated them for about 12 hours (over night) and they were perfectly done (for me)
5) They were crispy and solid on the outside but still moist and slightly chewy on the inside.........