Mango Raspberry Tart
- Course/Dish: Pies
- Main Ingredient: Lemon, Raspberry, Cashews, Dates, Mango
- Difficulty: Easy
- Cuisine: American
- Equipment Needed: Blender, Food Processor
- Rainbow Green Cuisine: Phase 2
- Makes: 1, 8 inch pie
An amazing Spring and Summer appropriate dessert from the Queen of raw desserts herself, Heather Pace! Look at the beautiful color combinations of bright berry red and creamy muted ocre. The crust of this tart is extremely simple, just nuts and dates. The filling is equally simple and combines a layer of mashed raspberries with a layer of sweet decadent mango cashew cream with added richness and texture from coconut oil, and cacao butter. This tart will slice well and plate up very nicely. Heather has really mastered the texture of her desserts! Sunshine has just been confined to a pie crust!
2 cups nuts of choice
3/4 cup pitted, packed dates
2 cups diced mango
1 1/2 cups cashews
1/4 cup agave
2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
1-2 tbs lemon juice
1/3 cup melted cacao butter
2 cups raspberries
1) Grind the nuts and dates together in a food processor. Add 1-2 teaspoons of water if the mixture is too dry and crumbly.
2) Press the mixture into an 8" tart pan, or use mini tart pans.
1) Blend all but the cacao butter, coconut oil, and berries, until smooth and creamy.
2) Add the cacao butter/oil and blend until completely mixed.
3) Evenly spread some of the raspberries over the crust and then smash them down with a fork.
4) Spread the mango filling over top.
5) Garnish with the remaining raspberries (and more if needed).