Matcha Cocoa Nib Brownies
- Course/Dish: Dessert
- Meals: Snack
- Main Ingredient: Chocolate, Almonds, Dates
- Difficulty: Easy
- Cuisine: American, Japanese
- Equipment Needed: Food Processor
- Rainbow Green Cuisine: Phase 2
- Makes: 12-15 brownies
Green tea and raw cacao? Now that is a combination surely made in heaven! Experience these chewy, sweet, richly dense brownies for a dose of antioxidants, nutrients, chlorophyll, fiber, and yes a bit of caffeine too! Matcha green tea contains a substance called L-theanine which helps to relax the mind.
Scant 1 C Almonds
1/4 C + 1 T Cocoa Nibs
7 Medjool Dates
Pinch of salt
1 T Vanilla Extract
3 T Coconut Butter
1/4 C Raw Honey
1/2 C Cocoa Powder
3 T Rishi Matcha Powder, plus more for the coating
1. Process the almonds into fine meal.
2. Add everything else and process……keep processing…..and…..were done.
3. Line a square pan with plastic wrap for easy removal.
4. Add brownie dough to the pan and flatten out.
5.Freeze for 1 hour.
6. Cut into squares. Dust with matcha.
7. Eat up!