Mediterranean Yogurt Dressing with Cucumber & Carrot Ribbons
- Course/Dish: Salads
- Main Ingredient: Lemon, Carrots, Cashews, Spinach
- Difficulty: Easy
- Cuisine: American
- Equipment Needed: Food Processor
- Rainbow Green Cuisine: Phase 2
- Makes: 1 large salad or 2 smaller sides
Sarahfae says, "If you're looking to add a salad to your entertaining menu this Summer but you don't want to go with the typical "tossed leafy greens" I recommend giving this one a try. Ribbon peeling veggies is simple, visually stunning and a wonderful way to reintroduce a salad course to friends and family." In this gorgeous salad recipe the creamy garlic herbed yogurt sauce is the perfect accompaniment to the juicy, light ribbons of fresh vegetables. Try using the dressing as a yummy tip too!
1/2 c AtV Sour Cream*
2 Tbsp plus 1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
1 tsp minced Garlic
1 tsp minced fresh Mint
1 tsp minced fresh Cilantro (optional)
Salt to Taste
*AtV Sour Cream:
1 and 3/4 cups dry Cashews soaked overnight (roughly 6 to 8 hours)
2 Tbsp plus 1 tsp Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar
1/2 tsp Salt
1 and 1/4 cup Water Total
1 large Cucumber - ribbon peeled
1 large Carrot - ribbon peeled
1 c packed Spinach leaves Chiffonade:
2) Place this dip in your fridge and let it chill for and hour or so, this way the flavors can build and intensify.
1) If your veggie has skin that you'd like to remove, proceed to peel it off like you normally would
2) Grabbing one end of the veggies (preferably the end with a stem that you would otherwise cut off - this will act as a convenient "handle" while you rotate it)
3) Proceed to peel downwards on your veg, rotating it as you go. Continue peeling the veggie until you've reached the core or until you can no longer get ribbons
Place everything into a bowl, and mix it up...
*AtV Sour Cream:
1) Drain the Cashews from the soaking water
2) In a food processor blend cashews with apple cider vinegar and salt until you have a thick oily paste. This will take about 2 minutes.
3) Scrape the bottom and sides of your food processor as some of the Cashew mixture may begin to collect.
4) Slowly add in your water in 1/4 cup increments. Start with just 1/4 a cup and puree for 1 minute, and then continue on pureeing for 30 seconds in between 1/4 cup increments.
After your Sour Cream has chilled it will have thickened into the perfect consistency.
Note About Cucumbers:
When ribbon peeling Cucumbers you will want to stop once you've peeled down to the seeds.