Mocha Brownie Blizzard
- Course/Dish: Ice Cream
- Main Ingredient: Chocolate, Cashews, Dates, Banana
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Cuisine: American
- Equipment Needed: Food Processor
- Rainbow Green Cuisine: Phase 2
- Makes: 2 large servings
This icy cold, simple yet decadent banana ice cream has the addition of delicious little vegan brownie bites rich in healthy fats and proteins from walnuts and cashews, and only requires a few ingredients. If you'd rather just have brownies without the stormy blizzard this recipe makes a great batch of brownies as well!
1/2 cup pecans
1/2 cup cashews
1/2 cup dates, pitted
pinch of salt
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 TBSP melted chocolate*
2 bananas, peeled and frozen
2 TBSP melted chocolate
1 tsp espresso powder or instant coffee
*I used leftover raw chocolate sauce (coconut oil, agave and cacao powder) but this recipe would work with any melted, semi-sweet vegan chocolate
1. In a food processor combine the pecans and cashews, blend into a fine meal.
2. Add the remaining brownie ingredients and pulse to combine.
3. Press evenly into a small square container lined with parchment paper and set in the freezer.
4. Slice into small bite-sized brownies.
1. In the food processor, blend the frozen bananas until a smooth soft-serve ice cream texture is achieved.
2. Add the remaining ingredients and blend to combine.
3. Serve the blizzard in small bowls or glasses and garnish with brownie bites.