Nut Free Go-To Granola
- Course/Dish: Main Course, Dehydrated
- Meals: Breakfast, Snack
- Main Ingredient: Oats
- Difficulty: Easy
- Cuisine: American
- Equipment Needed: Dehydrator
- Rainbow Green Cuisine: Phase 2
- Makes: 3 cups
The magic of this tasty raw treat is that it's simply a matter of mixing up a few ingredients in a bowl, spreading everything out on teflex dehydrator sheets, and letting your dehydrator do the rest of the work for you. This granola is full of whole food goodness including fresh rolled oats, sunflower seeds, coconut flakes and sprouted buckwheat. It has a subtle cinnamon flavor and is sweetened only with pure maple syrup. Adding a bit of coconut oil to your granola recipes will give them a crunchier consistency and richer flavor!
1 1/2 cups raw oat flakes (use certified gluten-free, if necessary)
1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1/4 cup raw sesame seeds
1/4 cup raw buckwheat groats
1/2 tbsp ground cinnamon
dash of nutmeg
pinch of salt
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1) In a large bowl, combine the oats, sunflower seeds, coconut, sesame seeds, buckwheat groats, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
2) Add the maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla and stir to cover all the dry ingredients.
3) Spread the mixture out on a teflex sheet on a dehydrator tray and dehydrate at 110F for about 4 hours or until desired crunch is achieved. Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer to preserve freshness.