Orange Chocolate Ice Cream
- Course/Dish: Ice Cream
- Meals: Snack
- Main Ingredient: Chocolate, Dates, Banana
- Difficulty: Easy
- Equipment Needed: Food Processor
- Rainbow Green Cuisine: Phase 2
- Serves: 3
Brandi Rollins describes her recipe by saying, "This is a fabulous ice cream! I love mixing chocolate and orange together! If you have never used sweet orange essential oil, this recipe is a great introduction." This recipe couldn't get any simpler! And if you're already a fan of the classic combination of chocolate and orange you will surely enjoy this healthy raw treat that takes but seconds to make.
3 medium banana
4 whole dates
3-4 drops orange essential oil
2 tbsp raw cacao powder
3 tbsp agave (optional)
1/2 tsp vanilla (glycerin-based or bean)
1) Freeze the bananas overnight. When the bananas are ready, chop them into 1-inch pieces.
2) Using a food processor, process the bananas and remaining ingredients until the ice cream is smooth and creamy. Serve immediately or scoop into a freezer-ready container and freeze.
It's very easy to find sweet orange essential oil. You can find it at most grocery stores that have a natural section and you can get a whole bottle for less than $4. And a bottle goes a long way! This is a super inexpensive ice cream! So, feel free to add in a few nuts like chopped cashews or brazil nuts.