Peachy Keen Raw Cobbler
- Course/Dish: Pies
- Meals: Breakfast, Snack
- Main Ingredient: Dates, Walnuts
- Difficulty: Easy
- Cuisine: American
- Equipment Needed: Food Processor
- Rainbow Green Cuisine: Phase 2
- Makes: 1, 9 inch pie
Peaches are one of summer's finest treats! Luscious, nectar-like, serenely delicious, they are something to look forward to every year. Here is a recipe from Sarah Britton that utilizes fresh seasonal peaches and a handful of other healthy ingredients to create this tasty cobbler! And if you find yourself gobbling this up for breakfast instead of dessert (maybe with a glass of freshly blended almond milk!) we promise not to tell! In fact, you can enjoy this recipe anytime guilt free because it is 100% healthy.
8 ripe peaches
juice of ½ lemon
4 soft dates, soaked
1 vanilla bean, scraped
dash ground cinnamon
2 cups nuts (I used half walnuts + half pecans)
1 cup soft dates
1 tsp. ground cinnamon (or more to taste)
pinch sea salt
1. Wash and cut up five peaches into bite-sized chunks. Set aside.
2. Remove the pits from the remaining three peaches and place them in a food processor with the rest of the filling ingredients. Blend into a smooth sauce. Pour over cut peaches and gently fold to combine.
3. Rinse the food processor and add the topping ingredients. Pulse until a chunky crumble-like consistency is reached, or blend to your liking.
4. Pour peach filling into a pie dish. Sprinkle topping over the filling, garnish.
5. Serve to hungry farmer friends.