- Course/Dish: Pies
- Meals: Snack
- Main Ingredient: Dates, Walnuts
- Difficulty: Easy
- Cuisine: American
- Equipment Needed: Food Processor
- Rainbow Green Cuisine: Phase 2
- Makes: 1, 5 inch mini pie
An ultra easy recipe for a gooey raw pecan pie that comes together in less than 10 minutes! Sweet, sweet simplicity.
1/4 cup walnuts
1/2 cup raisins
6 dates, soaked
1/4 cup pecans
1) In a food processor with an "S" blade, process the walnuts and raisins until they are crumbly and stick together. Press into a small tart plate (the one I used is 5 inches diameter) and chill.
2) Then in the food processor again, puree the dates with a tiny bit of the soak water until they form a gooey paste. Spread into the crust and top with pecans.
The amounts can be easily increased to make a larger pie for a more conventional sized dessert.