Pesto Pasta over Zucchini or Kelp Noodles
- Course/Dish: Main Course
- Meals: Lunch, Dinner
- Main Ingredient: Lemon, Kale, MIso, Basil
- Difficulty: Easy
- Cuisine: Italian
- Equipment Needed: Blender, Spiral Slicer
- Rainbow Green Cuisine: Phase 1.5
- Serves: 4
I never get tired of pesto. and the greens are so alkalizing and energizing. A great raw food staple. This pesto recipe is also great as a spread on crackers or thinned with water and used as a salad dressing.
1 cup basil, parsley, arugula, kale, spinach or cilantro (combo is good too), very tightly packed
1 tsp. lemon juice or to taste
3-5 cloves garlic
1 Tbs. mellow white miso paste (cheesy taste)
1/2 tsp. Himalayan salt crystals
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup pine nuts
1-2 packages of kelp noodles (www.kelpnoodles.com) rinsed well, OR 4 zucchinis made into angel hair pasta using the Spiral Slicer
1) Place the herbs in the bottom of the blender or food processor then add remainder of ingredients.
2) Blend or puree until smooth but so it still has a little bit of texture (don't totally liquefy it)
Assembling the Pasta
1) Top the noodles with the pesto, stir and serve. You may want to cut the noodles with a scissors for ease of eating and serving.
The pesto will keep in a glass jar for 1 week or more refrigerated. Do not mix with noodles if you plan on keeping the pesto for more than a day.