Pink Nori Sprout Rolls
- Course/Dish: Appetizers
- Meals: Lunch, Dinner, Snack
- Main Ingredient: Seaweed, Cashews
- Difficulty: Easy
- Cuisine: Japanese
- Equipment Needed: Blender
- Rainbow Green Cuisine: Phase 1, Phase 1.5
- Serves: 4-5
This is a great way to make a lot of alfalfa sprouts taste good! A quick and convenient snack or addition to a meal with a beautiful pop of pink.
1 cup cashews
1/2 cup water
1 raw beetroot, peeled
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon salt.
Wrap and Filling
Selection of sprouts including alfalfa
1) Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender
1) Place a nori sheet shiny side down on a chopping board.
2) Load up with a selection of your favourite sprouts.
3) Spoon a generous amount of the pink sauce over the ingredients.
4) Place more sprouts on top of pink sauce.
5) Roll up the whole thing and cut into 2. Serve immediately a small bowl of the pink sauce and some greens and sprouts to decorate the plate.
Note: the idea is not to roll a tight sushi type nori roll; it can be rolled fairly loosely and enjoyed as a wrap rather than in small bites.