Pistachio Ice Cream
- Course/Dish: Ice Cream
- Meals: Breakfast, Snack
- Main Ingredient: Avocado, Banana
- Difficulty: Easy
- Cuisine: American
- Equipment Needed: Food Processor
- Rainbow Green Cuisine: Phase 2
- Serves: 2
Ice cream made from 100% raw fruits and nuts? YES! And it tastes like a totally decadent treat! This recipe does call for an ice cream maker, but if you don't have one do not despair, you can still make it by placing your fruit puree in the freezer and stirring every half our or so until frozen. If you've ever shied away from making a raw ice cream because of a long complicated list of ingredients than this is the recipe for you. Sweet and simple.
1 ripe avocado ($.88)
4 ripe bananas ($.60)
2 tablespoons agave ($.20)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract ($.20)
1/4 cup pistachios ($.50)
1) In a food processor with the "S" blade, puree the avocado, bananas, agave, vanilla, and salt until very smooth. This will take a few minutes.
2) Process in an ice cream maker until the consistency of soft serve ice cream. Fold in the pistachios and freeze until firm.
3) If you don't have an ice cream maker, just freeze the puree and stir every half hour or so until it's firm, adding the pistachios just before firm.