Pizza Kale Chips
- Course/Dish: Appetizers, Dehydrated
- Meals: Snack
- Main Ingredient: Tomato, Lemon, Kale, Hemp Seeds, Bell Pepper
- Difficulty: Easy
- Cuisine: American
- Equipment Needed: Blender, Dehydrator
- Rainbow Green Cuisine: Phase 2
- Serves: 4
Have you ever eaten some kale chips and really doubted whether you were eating something as healthy as kale, nuts and seeds, and organic spices? Kale chips are just so yummy it's almost too good to be true! This is a go to recipe by Amber Shea Crawley for pizza flavored kale chips. Get a batch going in the dehydrator tonight for a snack attack tomorrow!
1) Combine all ingredients except kale in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth, adding a splash of water if needed to blend.
2) In a large bowl, combine the kale and the pizza sauce. Use your hands to massage the sauce all over the kale, making sure it’s coated completely.
Make it Raw: Arrange the kale in a single layer on a Teflex-lined dehydrator tray. Dehydrate for 8 hours or overnight, until crisp.
Hempseeds: additional sunflower seeds or cashews
Red bell pepper: 1 medium ripe tomato, cored, seeded, and chopped
Oregano: dried basil