Rainbow Slaw with Chipotle Mayo
- Course/Dish: Salads, Appetizers
- Meals: Lunch, Dinner
- Main Ingredient: Bell Pepper, Cabbage, Cilantro
- Difficulty: Easy
- Cuisine: American
- Equipment Needed: Food Processor, Mandoline
- Rainbow Green Cuisine: Phase 1
- Serves: 8
I pretty much love any version of a cole slaw. This one combines a rainbow of fresh veggies to nourish all of your chakras. The mayo has a mild heat to suit a sensitive palate like mine, so feel free to add more chipotle for those who like a real kick!
For the Rainbow Slaw:
5 c. finely shredded cabbage
1½ c. shredded carrot
1 c. red & yellow bell pepper, julienned
¾ c. red onion, cut into very thin strips, preferably with a mandoline
¼ c. chopped cilantro leaves (well packed)
For the Chipotle Mayo:
1 c. sunflower seeds, soaked in water for 4-6 hours, drained and rinsed well
¾ c. olive oil
1/3 c. water
¼ c. lime juice
3 cloves of garlic
1 tsp ground chipotle pepper
1 tsp Himalayan salt
1 tsp cumin
½ tsp coriander
1) Toss all of your veggies in a very large bowl. You may want to save a small amount of chopped cilantro to be used for garnishing.
1) Place all ingredients except olive oil in a high-powered blender. Blend until creamy. Add the olive oil last with the blender motor running until well combined.
Pour your mayo over the slaw and mix very well. Serve chilled.