Raw Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- Course/Dish: Cookies
- Meals: Snack
- Main Ingredient: Young Coconut, Macadamia Nuts
- Difficulty: Easy
- Cuisine: American
- Equipment Needed: Food Processor
- Rainbow Green Cuisine: Phase 2
- Makes: 14 cookie dough balls
Browsing through Laura-Dawn's recipe collection at Sacred Source Nutrition is always a good idea! You will surely be drooling and inspired to make some of her healthy raw treats. This recipe will have you licking your fingers and scraping the sides of your food processor for every delicious morsel. Macadamia nuts, raw honey, fresh coconut meat and sundried flakes, cacao nibs and vanilla...can you go wrong?!
2 cups macadamia nuts
1 T coconut oil
2 T honey (can also substitute for raw organic coconut sugar or agave, but I don’t recommend agave)
Coconut meat from 1 coconut. (If it’s a young coconut and the flesh is softer, can use 2 coconuts)
1 cup coconut flakes (2 cups if you don’t have any fresh coconuts)
3/4 c of cacao nibs
1 t vanilla
Pinch of salt
1) If you have fresh coconut meat, then scoop it out and process it in the food processor. The coconut meat we used today was a bit older, firmer and thicker, and it worked great. Process until smooth.
2) And in your sweetener, salt and vanilla and process again.
3) Add in 2 cups macadamia nut and process, but don’t over process this. Leave a tiny bit of texture, which will also make it a little easier to roll the balls.
4) Add in your cacao nibs and pulse a few times.
5) Roll into balls of desired size and place them in the fridge for an hour or so for them to firm up a little. Don’t forget to lick the raw chocolate chip cookie dough from your fingers when you’re done! If you are only making this with coconut flakes, then add in the mac nuts first, process a little bit and then add in the rest of your ingredients.
Variations from the Chef:
Just to give you a couple of ideas in terms of variations. What I had initially done was not add the cacao nibs at all and just took the white dough and rolled it into nibs, as you can see from the pictures.
Another way we did it was not to add any cacao at all, which then doesn’t really make it a chocolate chip cookie dough, but it makes for a little less intense treat. We rolled it in my coconut flakes to make the dough less sticky.
You can also roll the original recipe in coconut flakes as well to make the dough a little less sticky.
There’s a few ideas to play with. Hope you enjoy the nostalgia of eating raw chocolate chip cookie dough without any guilt! Pure Bliss…
Have a wonderful day, keep shinning bright.
Hope you enjoy your raw food recipes!