Raw Chocolate Orange Truffles
- Course/Dish: Chocolate
- Meals: Snack
- Main Ingredient: Chocolate, Goji Berries, Cashews
- Difficulty: Easy
- Rainbow Green Cuisine: Phase 2
- Makes: 20 truffles
Don't feel like you have to wait for the Holidays to make these decadently rich chocolate orange truffles by Lisa Pitman. This recipe utilizes a base of raw cashew butter, and both cocoa butter and powder which makes these truffles richly dense and creamy. Maple syrup is used to sweeten and real orange extract added to bring a bright burst of citrus flavor that pairs perfectly with the richness of cacao. Don't forget to finish these off by rolling in goji berries and shredded coconut for a lovely garnished effect!
¾ cup cashew butter (from 1 ½ cup cashews)
½ cup maple syrup, at room temperature
1 tsp orange extract
1/3 cup cacao powder
1/3 cup cacao butter, melted
pinch of sea salt
¼ cup orange juice
¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
2 TBSP goji berries
1) In a blender or food processor combine all of the ingredients and blend until smooth. Pour into a square pan or medium bowl and chill in the fridge for about an hour to firm.
2) Pulse the topping ingredients in a food processor until well combined (the colour should be a fun shade of orange). Pour into a bowl.
3) Once the filling is firm. Roll it into balls using about 1 TBSP as an estimate per serving. Roll each ball in the coconut goji berry coating.
Store in the freezer until ready to serve.